Yes, it's that time of the year again when all stores have red signs of joy hanging all around with 50%, 60%, 70% off! Yes, it's SALE season. Lately I've been seen so many fellow bloggers/friends going shopping all thanks to the sales. I must say, I always try to go check out some stores in particular which are my favourites during sales. Online stores too have amazing discounts during sales. The point here however is: how do you manage not to be a broke person after your sale hoarding? Especially when your monthly budget is limited (like a student), or you prefer to save but still love to shop.
The Shopaholic's guide to preventing the 'Broke because of Sales phenomenon':
1. After you spot a product you like, do a check to see if the same product isn't available anywhere else at a better price.
2. Estimate the price difference/discount in the product from the original price to after the reduction.
3. Always check for damages, defects which are very common during sales.
4. Never go shopping during peak hours, you definitely don't want to be crushed do you?
5. Practicality is essential. Sometimes sales are really tempting, but determine if the product is actually wearable and practical.
6. Think of at least five different ways to wear the product, if not more. If you can't think of at least five ways, then you definitely won't wear your product.
7. Check for seals, tags and always try. Sometimes and in some stores they don't allow you to try on clothes during the sale season. So carry a pair of clothes that fit you well or even better, carry measurements.
8. Wait. Some stores drop their sale prices lower after a while, so it's a good thing to wait sometimes.
9. Budgets are essential. Before the sale season begins. Keep a budget and put the rest of your money away and 'Do NOT touch it'.
10. Keep bills or write down expenditure to keep track of the amount you are spending.
Now go ahead and see what I wore a few days back. I made it a point to experiment with my eye make up so I did a winged shadowy eye with winged liner. Yes, it felt pretty amazing twirling in my gorgeous chiffon dress with my amazing ring and chunky bangle. Oh, the oglers can take a hike. I'm going to strut because I can.
Polka Dotted top: Zara
Maxi worn as skirt: c/o American Apparel
Scarf: Street Shopping Find
Bangle: c/o Zovi
Swarovski Elements Ring: c/o 21 Diamonds
P.S: Ignore the creases on my chiffon dress, it's hard for me to maintain the well pressed dress especially when it's so twirly and I'm jumping around like a kid!
About the stores featured in this post:
21 Diamonds is an online store to shop jewelry: silver, gold etc. [IGI/GIA certification, BIS hallmark) They have two basic parts: 21 Exclusive and 21 Style. Obviously the latter is the lesser priced range moreover based for the younger generation, while the Exclusive is timeless and eternal. The website is authentic and the customer care is extremely efficient! They have a variety of items from rings to earrings to necklaces. Also, you get to customize your jewelry. How cool is that?
ZOVI is currently having a huge sale, amazing products at the best prices! Go ahead and check it out now! Hurry :)
Check out the Sweatshirt Guide on American Apparel here.
What are your SALE shopping tips so as to ensure that you are not bankrupt by the end of it?! Leave a comment and let me know.
Write to me on: info(@)thesonshu(dot)com if you want to feature your product/store, or for any help/queries! You know I love to hear from you!