We all go through it. Your wardrobe is literally bustling with clothes and over flowing with tons of things to wear and things you haven't worn even once. But when that event comes where you really have to decide nothing seems perfect. Not even that dress you've always loved, not even things you've wanted to wear to it. Everything becomes blah and boring. But then you finally hit the right chord and decide that this is what you want to wear no matter what.
Exactly what happened the evening before BPFT. I literally turned my closet upside down, flinging things at bro and mom and the ground. And till today my room and bed are in the mess of the aftermaths. (Damn. Note to self: Get off the comp and go clean your room already) Mom and Bro gave me dirty sympathetic looks. But I wouldn't blame them. I was being pretty maniacal. Anyway, who cares when the end result ends up like this?
So I was super happy that everyone loved what I wore, and most of all I loved what I wore. But the coolest part was the designers complimenting my outfit. :) Anyway, it ended on a happy note.
How NOT to plan your outfit for a big event and How TO plan it?
1. Don't bother planning your outfit before hand because 99.9% of the time you won't wear it.
2. Remember not to starve yourself through the day because you will definitely need all the energy you can get to decide your outfit (Involved trying on things and checking yourself out in the mirror a gazillion times)
3. Please Please and Please do not deprive yourself of sleep before the event. Definitely not helping.
4. You should think of and imagine the various ensembles you can put together before you go to sleep, trust me it helps
5. Take inspirations from your favourite celebs, designers, pieces etc.
6. If you decide to carry basic things like camera, water etc you must carry a water proof bag, also something that's huge like a tote.
7. Remember that you might have to walk around a lot so stick to brogues, wedges, dressy flats.
Moving on from the tips to the outfit. Thanks for all your beautiful and sweet comments on the previous posts. Means a lot. :)
Also, here's a HUGE shout out to Mom and Bro for clicking pictures for the blog and bearing with my incessant poses and what not.
Outfit details: Top: Self altered and re-designed (Previously: Pleated top: Gifted (Forever New), Polka dot top: Zara); Denim: Local Boutique, Brogues: Zara, Necklace: M&S, Earrings: Local store, Bangle: OVS, Watery Oversized Tote: c/o American Apparel (HERE), Lip colour: Nyx Addis Ababa (HERE)
So there goes. What did you think? In other news exams are getting closer and I'm getting even more procrastinate-y than ever. However I think I really need to push myself.
Also, good news: I finally got my Hogwarts acceptance letter. It was delayed because it got lost on the way. However it is here now and I'm super excited. Yoooodles.
P.S: See I promised I'll be back and I'm back aren't I? Posting regularly and all?
P.P.S: Here's me smiling with a gif :P
P.P.S: See my previous BPFT posts HERE