Hi there people-who-I-love-the-most!
I'm back, from this week's tiring and hectic schedule, yet completely and overly fun and exciting. So lately we all know what book has been making the rounds. Yes, I'm talking about 50 shades of grey, beating all Harry Potter and Twilight records, it indeed has become a sensation. While I did go on and read the trilogy, I didn't like the story much and wasn't a fan of the ending either. The style of writing was plain and nothing extraordinary, after all JK Rowlings aren't just born like that right?
What did you think of the book, have you read and it and do you plan on reading it?
If you follow me on facebook or twitter, you'd know that college is amazing and I completely am enjoying my course and new friends, the fests, tests and experiences are absolutely new and brilliant. However it has been keeping me busy and I hardly get time to shoot for the blog. This weekend I pulled out some time from my relaxation period and shot for the blog and hence comes this post. Soon the blog is reaching yet another milestone, keep watching this space.
Skip to the pictures already eh? Fine, your order my command. Look at the pictures:
I'm sure you gathered something! I've been playing with my brights and everyone's eyes. The dress was put together with mixing prints in mind. You can definitely go ahead and try something bold like this with crazy colours.
Details: Dress worn as tunic: Mustard
Dhoti pants: Commercial Street
Sash worn as head band: c/o American Apparel (HERE)
Bracelet: Commercial Street
Ring: c/o Rings and Tings (HERE)
I've previously worn a similar look HERE.
How to wear a lot of colours and still look pretty sane?
1. Colours can be fun if you know how to wear them, and the best part is that they are so cordial with eaach other at times that it becomes very easy for you.
2. When you're mixing a variety of shades in your attire, remember that you still need to have one or two base colours at the maximum anyway.
3. In my case, I've used red and black as my base colours. The entire outfit revolves around these with an added perk of a trillion other colours.
4. Remember the occasion that you'd wear the ensemble in, you wouldn't definitely wear it to a black tie event or a formal meet. However, you can wear it to a walk, the mall visit or maybe a fun day with your friends.
5. Add subtle accessories that compliment your base colour. You can't necessarily go crazy with everything right? So keep the accessories subtle or vice versa.
6. Rock the look with added confidence and that killer smile.
That's it for today, will be back soon with more posts. Now I'm literally twitching to read your posts so let me go catch up on all the blogs, while you go ahead and leave a comment and tell me what you think.