I'm so bored of saying hello everytime, I think I'll say: Hoooooooooyaaaa wonderful people. Anyhow, you know how I've not done an outfit post in a really long time and I felt like I had to get out of my lazy mood and shoot one. However I've been really sick for the past two days Fever, headache and all that crap. On the bright side I've been writing a lot and I'm really glad its been appreciated.
Lately all I do is watch Pretty Little Liars and Sex and the City on ZCafe and CBS Love. Ah! The bliss of holidays, I hope it goes on forever. Seriously? And results are out next Wednesday and I can't stop freaking out. People on twitter have been really sweet and they kept telling me it'll be fine but I can't stop worrying. Damn, it needs to get over fast.
Minty hues have been a favourite this year, I've practically raided and re-raided my closet to pick out the minty colours and wear them with different colour combinations and try out variations. This post has a minty shade too but this time I wore it with black and green. So please do ignore the frowny expressions: I've been drained of my energy. Jeggings are a favourite when it comes to summer because its light yet looks utterly stylish and gives a denim effect, so here I wore my blackish grey jeggings with the mint top and paired it with a shrug. More after the pictures.
Top: Vero Moda (Bangalore), Jeggings: Local Boutique (Bangalore), Shrug: Forever New (gifted), Necklace: Colaba Causeway (Mumbai), Loafers (Local shoe store), Bangle: CKP (Bangalore), Earrings: Gifted, Clutch/Wallet: Paprika (Lifestyle, Bangalore), Ring: Commercial Street.
On my nails: Sally Hansen shades (gifted)
I know the bun looks absolutely weird in the first picture but trust me I received a lot of compliments for it and not only is it comfortable for the scorching heat but also its really chic and goes with almost everything. So I went for this high messy bun with this outfit. The tribalesque bangle and huge ring add to the statement that this outfit aims to make.
How to style your jeggings?
This is a dilemma that many often face and I would say its the most easiest thing because its like styling your denims but there are certain differences because of the material. Smitha asked me via mail a long time back how to style her jeggings to college so here's some tips.
1. Always wear your jeggings with longer tops or tunics.
2. Say a no to shirts or tee shirts because jeggings hug the body and you don't wanna look vulgar.
3. Wear contrasting colours and colour block with jeggings because they're fun and go with almost all colours.
4. You can also wear your kurtas with jeggings to college to make it look stylish.
5. Pairing a dress and re-using it as a tunic on a jegging would be a good deal!
6. If you are on the heavier side lean towards longer tops like I usually do, but sometimes its okay to experiment with shorter tunics like the above one.
7. Since jeggings are subtle and not too loud have fun with the accessories and shoes.
8. Asymmetrical tops would be a yes with jeggings because they're long at the back and that is what we're aiming at, so if you have toned thighs no harm showing them off.
9. Carry it off in style.
That's the book I'm reading: Stories of Eva Luna by Isabel Allende, it seems to be brilliant and portrays the narrating skills of a person and how wonderfully she can weave stories to her lover.
Anyway, still halfway through. Oh and something else I adore about holidays is the fact that I can leisurely read to my own whims and fancies. Its fabulous as to how much I've been reading over the past few weeks.
ALSO, NEW HEADER. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?
Want to shoot me a question? Any queries? PR mails? Or you just feel like sending a random mail? Anything. (Except spam)
(I also do What Im wearing on a daily basis. Along with other things)